We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd
Applications for this year’s Graduate Programme will be open later in the year. Please look out for more information from our recruitment team.
For anyone looking to kick-start their career within Communications and PR, Portland’s Graduate Programme could be the right fit for you.
Portland is a fast-growing strategic communications and public affairs consultancy firm founded in 2001 by Tim Allan. We want to hire and develop the best graduate talent to help our business continue to thrive. We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd and have the right combination of academic qualifications, work experience and potential.
The successful applicants will complete a seven months programme consisting of rotation across the agency within our main teams. You will be assigned to real project work from day one and will be a key part of the teams. Towards the end of the programme you will be asked to choose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd unit choices to join permanently after the scheme.
With Portland’s areas of expertise you will gain experience across all our capabilities during the seven month rotation, which include:
- Corporate Communications
- Public Affairs
- Global Impact
- Government Advisory
- Healthcare Communications
- Local Campaigns
- Employee Engagement
- Financial Communications
- Undergraduate degree – 1 or 2:1 (predicted or attained)
- Preferred degree courses – Economics, English, Politics, Government, Sciences, International Relations, History, Law, Public Relations
- Internship or work experience in relevant field is preferred but not required
- Fluency in more than one language is beneficial but not required
- You must have right to work in the UK
- Apply with your CV and covering letter
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a 750 word critical paper
- Final round candidates will be invited to attend a two day assessment in our London office
What we offer
- Industry-leading programme with over 20 hours of formal training from a practitioner faculty headed by Alastair Campbell and Victoria Dean
- The opportunity to work with leading clients that include Nestle, McDonald’s and Network Rail
- £20,000 pro rata salary for the duration of the seven month programme
- £500 sign on bonus at the start of the programme
- Graduates who successfully complete the programme will be offered permanent Executive positions with immediate eligibility for benefits and bonus
- International offices in Washington, D.C., Doha, Nairobi and Singapore
For further queries, please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7554 1600
You can follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn: #PortlandGrads