We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd
Applications for this year’s Graduate Programme are now open.
For anyone looking to kick-start their career within Communications and PR, Portland’s Graduate Programme could be the right fit for you.
Portland is a fast-growing strategic communications and public affairs consultancy firm founded in 2001 by Tim Allan. We want to hire and develop the best graduate talent to help our business continue to thrive. We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd and have the right combination of academic qualifications, work experience and potential.
The successful applicants will complete a seven months programme consisting of rotation across the agency within our main teams. You will be assigned to real project work from day one and will be a key part of the teams. Towards the end of the programme you will be asked to choose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd unit choices to join permanently after the scheme.
With Portland’s areas of expertise you will gain experience across all our capabilities during the seven month rotation, which include:
- Corporate Communications
- Public Affairs
- Global Impact
- Government Advisory
- Healthcare Communications
- Local Campaigns
- Employee Engagement
- Financial Communications
- Undergraduate degree
- Internship or work experience in relevant field is preferred but not required
- Fluency in more than one language is beneficial but not required
- You must have right to work in the UK
- Application window – October 2019 to 5 January 2020
- Online competency test – October 2019 to January 2020
- Writing task – January 2020
- One day assessment centre – March 2020
- Final presentation assessment – April 2020
- Offer stage – April 2020
- Start date – September 2020
What we offer
- Industry-leading programme with over 20 hours of formal training from a practitioner faculty headed by Alastair Campbell and Katie Saxon
- The opportunity to work with leading clients that include Nestle, McDonald’s and Network Rail
- £20,000 pro rata salary for the duration of the seven month programme; rising to £24,500 upon successful completion of the programme
- £500 sign on bonus at the start of the programme
- Graduates who successfully complete the programme will be offered permanent Executive positions with immediate eligibility for benefits and bonus
- International offices in Washington, D.C., Doha, Nairobi and Singapore
Interested? Apply here.
For further queries, please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7554 1600
You can follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn: #PortlandGrads