We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd
Applications for our 2018 Graduate Programme close Friday 16th February.
For anyone looking to kick-start their career within Communications and PR, Portland’s Graduate Programme could be the right fit for you.
Portland is a fast-growing strategic communications and public affairs consultancy firm founded in 2001 by Tim Allan. We want to hire and develop the best graduate talent to help our business continue to thrive. We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd and have the right combination of academic qualifications, work experience and potential.
The successful applicants will complete a six months programme consisting of a seven weeks rotation across the agency. You will be assigned to real project work from day one and will be a key part of the teams. Towards the end of the programme you will be asked to choose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd unit choices to join permanently after the scheme.
With Portland’s areas of expertise you will gain experience across all our capabilities during the six month rotation, which include:
- Undergraduate degree – 1 or 2:1 (predicted or attained).
- Preferred degree courses – Economics, English, Politics, Government, Sciences, International Relations, History, Law, Public Relations.
- Internship or work experience in relevant field is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in more than one language is beneficial but not required.
- You must have right to work in the UK.
- To apply, please send a CV and covering letter setting out your reasons for applying and suitability on one side of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a 750 word critical paper.
- Final round candidates will be invited to attend a two day assessment in our London office.
Applications for 2018 entry must be received by Friday 16th February.
What we offer
- Industry-leading programme with over 20 hours of formal training from a practitioner faculty headed by Alastair Campbell and Victoria Dean.
- The opportunity to work with leading clients that include Nestle, Uber, Barclays, McDonald’s, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Network Rail.
- £20,000 pro rata salary for the duration of the six month programme.
- £500 sign on bonus at the start of the programme.
- Graduates who successfully complete the programme will be offered permanent Account Executive positions with immediate eligibility for benefits and bonus.
- International offices in New York, Washington, D.C., Doha, Nairobi and Singapore.
For further queries, please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7554 1600.
You can follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn: #PortlandGrads