Applications for our 2017 Graduate Programme are now closed
Note to applicants:
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due course and asked to submit a 750 word critical paper.
- Final round candidates will be invited to attend a two day assessment centre in our London office.
We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd
For anyone looking to kick-start their career within Communications and PR, Portland’s Graduate Programme could be the right fit for you.
Portland is a fast-growing strategic communications and public affairs consultancy firm founded in 2001 by Tim Allan. We want to hire and develop the best graduate talent to help our business continue to thrive. We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd and have the right combination of academic qualifications, work experience and potential.
The successful applicants will complete a 6 months programme consisting of a 2 month fast rotation across the agency, followed by 4 months in your chosen area stated in your application. With Portland’s areas of expertise you will gain experience across all our capabilities during the 2 month rotation, which include:
• Corporate Communications
• Public Affairs
• Global Campaigns, Philanthropy & Legal Disputes
• Government Advisory
• Healthcare & Science Communications
• Employee Engagement
• Research & Insights
- Undergraduate degree – 1 or 2:1 (predicted or attained).
- Preferred degree courses – Economics, English, Politics, Government, Sciences, International Relations, History, Law, Public Relations.
- Internship or work experience in relevant field is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in more than one language is beneficial but not required.
- You must have right to work in the UK.
What we offer
- Industry-leading programme with over 40 hours of formal training from a practitioner faculty headed by Alastair Campbell.
- The opportunity to work with leading clients that include Google, Uber, Barclays, McDonalds, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Pfizer.
- £20,000 pro rata salary for the duration of the six month programme.
- £500 sign on bonus at the start of the programme.
- Graduates who successfully complete the programme will be offered permanent Account Executive positions with immediate eligibility for benefits and bonus.
- International offices in New York, Washington, Doha, Nairobi, Singapore.
For further queries, please contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or +44 (0) 20 7554 1600.
You can follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn: #PortlandGrads