As part of our central Content & Brand team, the video producer will work with account teams across the business to deliver their client and marketing requirements.
Portland is looking for a talented Video Producer to work in our in-house content creation unit, Content & Brand. Portland’s Content & Brand team draws together writing, research, design, brand strategy, web development, data visualisation and video production, to produce powerful creative content. Our integrated team supports clients across Portland, producing content and collateral for public affairs, communications and stakeholder campaigns.
This role requires a someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and the ideal candidate would have some agency experience.
The Video Producer will be responsible for producing video content of a variety of scales and complexities – particularly stylish, shareable social media content.
- Take video production projects from conception to completion – self shoot and edit
- Work closely with the wider team to deliver video output of the highest quality
- Provide creative input and feedback on the on-going projects
- High attention to detail
- Articulating and presenting creative ideas to teams and client
- Providing account teams with creative ideas, technical suggestions and indicative costs on video production
- Staying on track with emerging video trends and culture
- Grounded communicator: you know how to set expectations with teammates, ask the right questions, explain what you’re capable of, and talk about your design decisions clearly and persuasively to non-designers.
- Be able to deal with logistical tasks, such as organising permissions
- Versatile portfolio of work
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
You must have:
- A strong understanding of and proficiency with Adobe Premiere
- Ability to self-shoot is essential
- Be able to turn around high quality short films quickly
- Proven understanding of videography and edit techniques
- Knowledge of After effects and the rest of the Adobe Suite. Animation skills desirable.
- A good eye for design
- Knowledge and experience of digital campaigns
- Experience with Canon C300 and/or DSLRs
- Knowledge of lighting techniques
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.