Senior Vice President
The Washington, D.C. office of Portland PR Ltd. provides high level strategy, content generation and multichannel execution for clients in the government, embassy, philanthropy, cultural, non-profit, reputation management, corporate and public affairs sectors.
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, and London (headquarters).
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
The Washington, D.C. office has an immediate opening for an agency-tested, self-starting, entrepreneurial senior counselor at the Senior Vice President level with 15-20 years’ experience in public affairs, corporate, traditional media, digital communications and business development. This position provides a unique career opportunity for a PR practitioner to serve as a member of the US leadership team, work closely with the general manager to expand the US operation, and serve as a strategic communications counselor to blue chip, government, international, corporate and non-profit clients.
As Senior Vice President you will be an expert in your field and have a recognized reputation in the DC or NY market. The ideal candidate will have a blend of traditional PR agency and in-house experience and be an expert in media, public affairs, and government communications. You will act as a senior advisor to US clients and be a resource any of the firm’s international clients seeking support in the US, including Capitol Hill, the Administration and Wall Street.
- Manage the overall, strategic public affairs and communication activities for clients in a variety of sectors.
- Develop advocacy campaign plans including integrating media, grassroots, coalition building, stakeholder outreach, paid and digital media recommendations.
- Develop strategic communications plans.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of the clients business and sector to ensure valuable senior consultancy based insight.
- Serve as a member of the US Senior Leadership Group.
- Create and develop a functional team and account structure and helping to identify and recruit strong candidates as the business grows.
- Collaborate with other Portland practice groups and global offices to harness and leverage business opportunities with current and potential clients.
- Develop the capabilities of the practice, particularly in the areas of strategic planning, insight and literacy (ability to talk beyond the PR brief and to engage with senior marketing and communications clients on broader brand issues).
- Raise the profile of the practice through networking and public speaking such as representing Portland to appropriate external audiences through speaking engagements.
- Be an advocate for Portland’s culture and an environment that fosters diversity, creativity, ambition, excellence and teamwork.
- Lead efforts to identify and secure new business to support agency growth.
- Develop strategies to grow existing business and ensure a highly competitive marketplace offering
- He or she will work closely with office and practice unit leaders in New York, London, Doha and Singapore as well as external partners to deliver on a broad range of new business initiatives, and define approaches to growth strategies to advance Portland’s current and future business needs in the U.S.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.