Account Manager (Local Campaigns)
A dedicated unit within Portland. Portland Local is focused on helping clients protect their reputations and achieve their goals through engagement at the local level.
We develop the strategies and deploy the campaigns that help our clients to engage effectively with local and regional decision makers as well as the communities that influence them.
Our expertise ranges from contentious planning applications and major infrastructure projects, through to grassroots campaigning, local media and stakeholder engagement.
Portland’s Local expertise ranges from contentious planning applications and major infrastructure projects, through to community campaigns and stakeholder engagement.
As part of our work, we enable a number of the UK’s leading businesses and organizations to engage effectively with local communities and decision makers.
From advising on the practical implications of the devolution agenda, to the impact of new models of local service provision, our specialist team helps clients to understand emerging risks and opportunities in a rapidly evolving policy and political landscape
As an account manager or senior account manager, you will be responsible for executing short and long term campaigns for your clients, and contributing to the development of their overall communications strategy.
- You will be a primary day to day contact for clients and establish a long term relationship with them based on their ability to trust in the quality of your judgement and delivery.
- Through your interest in the news agenda, local government, planning and development and, most importantly, the issues that matter to them, clients will be impressed by the proactive opportunities and threats that you spot.
- The quality of your written work will mean that the majority of materials are ‘client-ready’ and meet the brief set in terms of tone, length and accuracy.
- Your project management skills will ensure that deadlines are met by your client teams at every level, from more junior to more senior colleagues.
- Through your role in managing the delivery of work by junior colleagues, you will support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Beyond the work that you undertake for existing clients, you will play an important role in the team’s future growth through your contribution to our new business process, helping to identify prospective opportunities, and supporting the development and delivery of pitches.
- Beyond client and new business work, you will be a valued member of the team, ‘pitching in’ wherever help is needed and contributing to activities from brainstorms and event planning to drafting entries for Portland’s blog.
- Have 3-5 years proven experience gained in a communications role, preferably at an agency, with a focus on local government or planning and development.
- Be able to demonstrate past success in the delivery of high quality local communications campaigns, and to explain why they met the client or organisation’s objective.
- Exhibit knowledge of, and interest in, the UK political landscape, including local political campaigning, and how this impacts clients.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.