Account Director (Digital)
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
This role is to act as a digital consultant within Portland’s UK Corporate Group.
The role involves leading digital work streams on a number of significant accounts, including iconic brands in our corporate team. Working within an integrated communications team, you will develop digital and social media strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing high quality client servicing, managing staff and maximising the profitability of accounts.
You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and work on pitches and proposals.
You will be expected to work with others across the company to deliver the best possible results for clients, providing an integrated service and making the best of all Portland’s capabilities.
- Awareness of all major and emerging social channels — including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, and LinkedIn — and how they serve different user needs
- Serve as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of client accounts on a long-term or short-term basis, marshalling resources from across Portland practices. Determining the objectives of each client, developing a plan to execute against them, ensuring expectations are set and met, and leveraging client satisfaction into future engagement opportunities.
- The position involves programme and project leadership responsibilities, including planning and scheduling, cost estimating, and delivery team management
- Provide creative and strategic services to clients, such as, change management, strategic planning, determining business objectives, data analysis, site content creation, implementation, testing, and online outreach
- Lead meetings, both client-facing and internal, and produce follow-up documentation. Develop strategies that address client objectives; develop tactics that further those strategies; and develop action-oriented planning and working documents and other communications that express those strategic and tactical ideas clearly and convincingly
- Write and produce client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans, and other materials, both independently and in collaboration with other Portland employees and representatives
- Write razor-sharp copy for email, web pages, social media, SMS and more
- Inputting into new business pitches, proposals and presentations
- Act as key point of contact for clients in support of senior consultants
- Proactively build relationships with key opinion leaders, media, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties
- Keeping track of impending deadlines and ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner
- Contributing to solutions for new business clients and proactively introduce new ideas to improve the agency offering
- Ensuring all work is completed on time and within budget
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Leading in brainstorms and creating workable programmes for new business and existing clients commissioning market research
- Directing and mentoring junior account members; providing quality control and overseeing team assignments
- Establish professional relationships with colleagues and clients alike
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.