Senior/Account Manager – Issues & Crisis Comms
When faced with a dispute, even the strongest personal or corporate reputations are at risk. The Disputes Unit is a dedicated practice within Portland that manages that risk for its clients, in high-profile and high-value cases across multiple jurisdictions and languages. Our work extends beyond the court room to encompass complex political and financial considerations.
We work alongside lawyers and advisors to ensure that our clients’ wider interests are protected and their legal and commercial strategies are reinforced.
Led by a former barrister, Portland’s specialist and experienced disputes team is diligent, discreet and results-driven.
We are seeking a disputes communications specialist with crisis and issue management media expertise.
As a Senior Account Manager or an established Account Manager you will be integral to the Disputes Unit’s long term planning and growth. You will be an expert in your field with strong media relationships and the ability to support the senior team with the management of clients. You are a keen problem solver, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic advice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of the team to lead proactive and reactive PR strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business and legal objectives
- Develop new business pitches, proposals and presentations
- Act as key point of contact for clients in support of senior consultants
- Lead an account team to develop client proposals and implement communications strategies
- Proactively build relationships with key opinion leaders, media, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties
- Keep track of impending deadlines and ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner
- Contribute to solutions for new business clients and proactively introduce new ideas to improve the agency offering
- Ensure all work is completed on time and within budget
- Attend and promote client events to the media
- Lead brainstorms and creating workable programmes for new business and existing clients
- Direct and mentor junior account members; providing quality control and overseeing team assignments
- Establish professional relationships with colleagues and clients alike
Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a communications agency is essential with disputes/crisis/issue management experience
- Strong media relations skills. Proven relationships with business national journalists is ideal. Need experience of proactive pitching and active rebuttal with high profile news media
- Commercially driven and ambitious to help us to develop a talented team in a fast-growing consultancy
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, managing your own work and that of others
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude with the ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients
- Supervisory responsibilities; identifying staffing issues and needs, adopting or creating processes, documentation, and templates to meet those needs
- Strong experience in digital strategies, management and content creation
- Excellent written and communications skills. Experienced in copy drafting op-eds/ press releases/ pitch documents
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.