Senior Account Executive – Philanthropy
- Philanthropy and Disputes is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients
- Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes
- Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive with proven experience of supporting international communications for a diverse range of clients. The right candidate will also have specialist knowledge of political issues within the Middle East and the role soft power can play in country positioning. You will be a ‘digital’ native and understand the role digital communications plays in the wider communications mix.
- Our clients value our strategic approach to securing them coverage that makes their case eloquently in the media, and to stakeholders and influencers.
- We are looking for someone to provide day-to-day support on a number of projects for one of our key accounts in the Middle East, supporting the creation of bespoke communications strategies, managing media relations and researching stakeholders.
- This role will focus on accounts within our International Affairs team with a focus on the Middle East. The successful applicant may be required to support other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- Acting as a project support officer to ensure project implementation both in-country and from our London office.
- Assisting in the project management and delivery of digital projects for key client accounts
- Training staff and building capacity in digital resources
- Drafting and selling in press releases and news stories to leading international media in Arabic, French and English markets;
- Managing reactive media relations activity;
- Supporting the creation of media and stakeholder engagement strategies;
- Responding quickly and accurately to journalist and client requests;
- Organising events, press conferences, photo calls etc;
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and attending meetings;
- Drafting contact reports and agendas for client meetings English.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.