Senior Account Executive – Corporate & Media Communications
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- Are you passionate about the power and importance of the media?
- Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways?
- Does the thought of achieving meaningful, well-targeted coverage for your clients motivate you above all else?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our UK-focused corporate communications team. With no two days the same, your activities will focus on helping our clients to communicate with everyone from political and business audiences, to their consumers.
Often, this will involve using both owned and earned media channels to help deliver their communications strategies, requiring you to work both independently, and as part of a team.
Ideally, you will have around two to three years’ experience, gained either in-house or within an agency. You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to devise and deliver proactive and reactive media engagement strategies and campaigns;
- Drafting a range of materials, such as press releases, opinion articles and online copy;
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media sell-ins;
- Organising and coordinating events, press conferences, photo calls, and or media contact programmes;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Supporting new business proposals and pitches.
Skills & Competencies:
- Established experience in a PR/communications agency is essential
- Established experience with media relations skills, pitching news to national, broadcast and online outlets, as well as more planned for announcements or seasonal hooks
- Strong attention to detail
- Open communicator, happy working in a flexible team format
- Used to operating in a fast-paced environment
- Social media proficiency – complete understanding of media channels and there use
- Excellent written and communications skills in English.
- Experienced in drafting press releases
- Developing news – understand how to draft research questions and find a news angle within the results. Working alongside the Account lead to develop into a news release
- Ability to multi-task – managing both short and long term actions
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.