Senior/Account Executive (Arabic Speaking)
- Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
- We are looking for an Arabic speaking Account Executive / Senior Account Executive with at least one year’s experience in a communications role to support a diverse range of clients in Qatar.
- We are looking for someone who can work both independently and as part of a team to implement communication strategies for our clients.
- The right candidate will also need to demonstrate an understanding of political issues and the media landscape within the Middle East, and possess sound Arabic language skills, including reading, writing and speaking.
- This role will focus on Qatar-based accounts within our government & philanthropy teams. The successful applicant may be required to support other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
Responsibilities will include
- Monitoring local and regional media outlets and preparing reports as requested;
- Monitoring political developments and major news announcements and writing summaries and briefings on these;
- Coordinating research for and drafting press releases, news stories and other written outputs;
- Supporting the development of communications plans;
- Supporting with Arabic content requests, including translations from English to Arabic and proofreading, making sure that the language is sound, clear and error-free;
- Supporting with digital projects, including drafting and developing social media and website content;
- Drafting reports and agendas for team and client meetings in English;
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches.
Skills & Competencies
- Have Arabic as a mother tongue, and be fluent in English;
- Able to conceive, translate, edit and review Arabic copy to a high standard;
- Have the ability to present findings for publication clearly and accurately;
- Proficient in the use of database and Internet tools, spreadsheets, and word processing;
- Able to work with and communicate effectively with others in the Portland Doha team, taking direction from managers and updating colleagues on your work;
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritise competing requirements;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and manage work schedules appropriately;
Qualifications & Skills
- Have a degree in media, communications, journalism, political science, English Literature or a relevant field, with a minimum GPA of 3.5/4.
- Be proficient in speaking and writing Arabic.
- Be proficient in speaking and writing in English.
- A Qatari Residency Permit.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.