- Philanthropy and Disputes is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients.
- Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes.
- Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning.
- We are looking for a PA to support three Partners in the Philanthropy and Disputes Team.
- These Partners help to lead a department of 30 staff spread across both the London and Nairobi offices. All the Partners are London based but regularly travel around the globe, particularly to Africa, the US and the Middle East.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Anticipating the needs of the Partners and providing effective and efficient individual support
- Extensive and pro-active diary management and maintaining records of annual leave
- Organising meetings with clients, prospects and other high-profile stakeholders
- Booking lunches, breakfast and evening functions at appropriate venues
- Preparing, proof reading and printing documents
- Processing expenses
- Booking taxis and couriers
- Selecting, purchasing and sending gifts to clients overseas and in the UK
- Note-taking in meetings
- Liaising with the HR and finances team on relevant matters
- Working with other PAs in the business and providing absence cover when needed
- Providing travel support for business trips which will include booking flights, arranging visas, overseeing medical arrangements and preparing itineraries
- Occasional requirement to work outside of usual office hours when needed
- Helping to organise and manage networking opportunities
Competences, skills and knowledge
- Excellent written English and good attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Highly organised and very strong administrative skills
- Able to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise, always seeking to provide options and aiming to achieve successful outcomes
- Able to deal with sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication aptitude, with the confidence to liaise with staff at all levels, high-profile stakeholders and major clients
- Team work skills to be able to work collaboratively and co-operatively with others
- IT expertise including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.