As part of our central Content and Brand team (which brings together our design, web development, online / interactive, and event management services), the designer will work with account teams across the business to deliver their client and marketing requirements.
Carefully chosen for their creative talent, they all have stunning portfolios and a creative but research driven approach to projects. Portland are looking for long term designers who will grow through the business so they know our clients well. Some come straight from college with minimal experience and others from a short time in the industry, they must all take direction well and work as part of the team developing and growing their skills.
- Able to produce creative solutions for clients and marketing.
- Contributing to brainstorms, proposals and pitches.
- Working with account teams and seniors/managers to understand client’s requirements, taking concepts and delivering timely and compelling material.
- Developing, articulating and negotiating ideas supporting the seniors/managers to produce exceptional work for the company.
- An eye for detail, and high standards of quality, the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Championing the value of design. Keeping abreast of developments in the creative industries and applying these to Portland’s work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing a printed report for a major UK brand to distribute to government ministers;
- Working on the design of a website for a global foundation;
- Laying out a new business proposal and mocking-up some of the ideas included;
- Creating an infographic that our corporate communications team can share with the media to support a client’s message.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.