Portland’s Singapore office opened in January 2017 and we are quickly expanding to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region.
- Our team devises and implements communication and public affairs strategies across a number of organisation types, including governments, major global brands, NGOs and high profile individuals.
- We also have a Government Advisory practice that provides strategic counsel to, and delivers global campaigns for, a number of public sector organisations in countries spanning nearly every continent on the globe.
- We think our people are the best in the business. They protect and strengthen the hard won reputations of all of our clients, working with them from the boardroom to the shop floor to communicate and engage effectively with key stakeholders and influencers.
- Everyone who works here is ambitious, not just for themselves, but for their clients.
- They are driven by a desire to deliver results that exceed expectations and to continuously seek new insights, experience and expertise.
- We believe it is the calibre of our people and the quality of their work that has fuelled our growth.
- We are looking for an Intern to join our Singapore office, working for prestigious clients across the public, private, and philanthropic sectors.
- We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a small, but growing team based in Singapore to help develop and implement communication strategies.
- The individual will require a good understanding of Singaporean and regional politics and the media.
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients;
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies;
- Monitoring political developments and major news announcements;
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles to political briefings and stakeholder letters;
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media sell-ins;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Helping to organise and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programmes;
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business;
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches.
- Foreign language skills, including Mandarin and Malay (Arabic, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese and Italian would also be appreciated).
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.