Our US operation is growing. With experience in philanthropies and global issues; government and public affairs; NGOs; corporate reputation management; as well as digital and traditional media, our team provides strategic counsel and integrated communications expertise to high-level clients.
We work with clients to connect them with the top influencers in Washington, DC, the rest of the United States, and the world, and help build capabilities within their organizations.
Please note you will be based in our Washington office.
- Tracking issues in media and politics, economics, and academic elites relevant to designated clients
- Stakeholder mapping and analysis for client projects
- Researching and sourcing information for designated client projects
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft analysis reports
- Preparing and maintaining stakeholder and media distribution lists
- Supporting the new business function, including by building databases for mail-outs
- Assisting with administrative duties in the office
- Have a passion for media, politics and international relations
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analyses of information under tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be organized and have strong attention to detail
- Be proficient in the use of internet tools and word processing
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others
- Be familiar with international media, and the Middle East in particular
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally from a leading institution. This is likely a degree in political or social sciences, economics, languages or literature
- Keen interest in media, politics, public affairs and communications is essential
- Relevant international experience and language skills (Arabic, French, Spanish, German and/or Portuguese) are an advantage
- Excellence – A passion to push things forward – to innovate and inspire others
- Ambition – Constant desire to go beyond the everyday tasks in your role
- Creativity – A natural ability to create innovative and unusual ideas/solutions and think outside the box
- One Portland – Keep the close-knit feel of the agency by helping each other out and sharing insights, ideas and experience to help us all succeed
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.