Graduate / Account Executive (Arabic Speaking)
Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
We are looking for an Arabic speaking candidate to join our team at Portland Doha at graduate / entry level.
The ideal candidate is looking for an exciting opportunity to pursue a career in the communications and public relations field.
The candidate should have an interest in political issues and the media landscape within the Middle East, and poses advanced Arabic language skills, including reading, writing and speaking.
This role will focus on accounts within our government & philanthropy teams with a focus on Qatar. The successful candidate may be required to support other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
Responsibilities will include
- Tracking issues in the media relevant to designated clients;
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports;
- Research, analysis and reporting on a range of topics relevant to our clients, including journalist biographies;
- Preparing activity reports for clients and tracking progress on projects;
- Helping draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc;
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases;
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients;
- Undertaking research for new business proposals;
- Conducting digital research; social media analysis; content planning; online influencer mapping and creative input;
- Developing content for social media.
Skills & competencies
- Fluent in English and advanced Arabic language skills;
- Able to develop and review Arabic copy to a high standard;
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing;
- Have experience of using social media platforms in a professional capacity;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload.
Qualifications and Skills
- Have a degree in media, communications, journalism, political science, English Literature or a relevant field, with a minimum GPA of 3.5/4, or equivalent.
- Be fluent in speaking and writing in English.
- Be proficient in speaking and writing Arabic.
- Work experience in the communications field;
- A Qatari Residency Permit.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.