Freelance Arabic Translator (Spoken & Written)
We work with brands, companies, foundations, multilateral bodies and campaigning organisations all over the world and across all media channels.
Through Portland’s offices in London, Doha, Nairobi, New York, Washington DC and Singapore, and partners around the world, our team of communications specialists help our clients to communicate their work, navigate complex issues and manage their reputations.
- We are looking for a senior Arabic writer and editor to work across a number of our prestigious international clients
- The designated candidate will be required to produce and edit written materials in Arabic across a wide-range of topics and formats to the highest editorial standards
- Preference will be given to candidates with the ability to also translate from English to Arabic
- Writing across a wide variety of long and short-form formats (press releases, speeches, opinion pieces, website copy, social media) in refined Arabic language
- Researching, conceptualising and creating original content
- Proofreading and editing the company’s materials produced in Arabic
- Translating documents, reports and press releases from English to Arabic to a high standard conveying the meaning and essence of the original
- Developing an in-house Arabic editorial stylebook
- Supporting with recruiting and assessing Arabic speaking candidates for various roles including developing and reviewing Arabic language tests
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.