Director – Philanthropy & Disputes
Portland is a leading communications consultancy with offices in London, Doha, Nairobi, New York, Singapore and Washington D.C.
We design and deliver communications strategies for some of the world’s highest profile organisations, governments and individuals
We are pioneers in integrated communications, helping our clients to manage their reputations, navigate complex issues and win arguments on their terms with audiences right around the world
Director in Portland’s Philanthropy, Global Issues and Disputes practice
- In this senior role, reporting to the Partners, you will lead on providing high level counsel to clients; driving the growth of the practice; and supporting the management and development of the team
- The role is based in our London office with the opportunity for regular international travel
- Philanthropy, Global Issues and Disputes is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients
- Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes
- Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning
- Providing senior counsel to clients
- Design and strong oversight of high impact, global strategic communications campaigns
- Principle lead on major client accounts
- Leading account teams, line managing senior members of the practice
- People management and recruitment
- Day-to-day commercial performance – revenue, servicing, capacity planning. Building up commercial capability across the practice.
- Managing projects
- Driving organic growth of accounts
- Developing strategies for business development including leading proposal and pitch processes
- Networking and thought leadership to raise the profile of Portland
- Integration across the Portland offer and network of offices
- Helping drive a high performance culture
- Working as part of a cohesive senior management group
Skills and competencies
This role requires an individual with a strong background in communications, who thrives on managing complex issues and projects. You will be commercially driven and ambitious to help us to develop a talented team in a fast-growing consultancy.
- Industry experience is essential, ideally at a leading communications consultancy or in a senior in-house role
- Demonstrable expertise in developing and implementing insight-led communication campaigns
- Expertise in providing counsel to senior clients
- Experience managing major projects and bringing teams together to achieve objectives
- Commercial expertise including planning, budgeting and financial management
- Excellent problem solving capabilities with a strong point of view on the industry. A strong mix of media, digital and political/policy capabilities is required
- Demonstrable success in developing strategies for business development and directing processes
- Proven ability to grow business organically
- Managing teams and developing a high performance culture, leading by example
Qualifications and skills:
- You must:
- Must be university educated
- Have previous experience working in corporate and crisis communications, media relations, reputation management, brand storytelling, public engagement and strategic public relations
- Willingness to travel overseas
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Competitive plus a generous benefits package.
Please send a CV, along with a portfolio/work samples of recent work, to Miriam Myers, Senior Recruitment Business Partner, at email@example.com by 5 November 2017.
This advert was posted on 5 October 2017.