Digital Producer / Web Project Manager – Content & Brand
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
As part of our central Content & Brand team (which brings together design, web development, and online / interactive), you will work with account teams across the business to deliver their client and marketing requirements.
Portland is looking for a talented Digital Producer to work in our in-house content creation unit, Content & Brand. Portland’s Content & Brand team draws together writing, research, design, brand strategy, web development, data visualisation and video production, to produce powerful creative content. Our integrated team supports clients across Portland, producing content and collateral for public affairs, communications and stakeholder campaigns. This role will be based in the London office
The Digital Producer will be responsible for client satisfaction, quality of work and project profitability. In this role, you will ensure that the project deliverables map to the client’s business objectives. We are looking for a Digital Producer with very strong project management skills, with at least three years of experience of hands-on experience managing websites and other interactive media. This role will have a talent for overseeing all the small details that add up to fulfilling our commitment to client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate should have a foundation in design, technology or similar disciplines. With strong digital design knowledge and with the expertise to lead a project from start to finish with tight turnaround times. We are looking for a team player that can help us be proud of our delivery and build processes that enable us to expand to other markets.
- End to end management of digital work streams including online and offline interactive projects. From scoping/briefing to delivery
- Work closely with C&B management team to develop new business proposals
- Work closely with account managers/ members of the team to uncover new project opportunities, as well as ‘translating’ business objectives to creative objectives
- Work closely with the digital designers and developers to deliver the highest quality digital output to the brief
- Planning website projects, documenting technical feasibilities and managing client expectations (internal and external clients)
- Creation of SoWs and project documentation, such as timelines, fees grids and technical specifications
- Management of projects using different project management systems.
- Receipt and initial QA of all website assets (e.g. PSD, AI and Sketch files)
- Undertake QA before product launch, analyse and effectively communicate the issues to our developers
- Support with wireframing and Information Architecture development (within the context of pre-existing guidelines and procedures)
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Grounded communicator: you know how to set expectations with teammates, ask the right questions, explain what you’re capable of, and talk about design decisions clearly and persuasively to non-designers.
You must have:
- Proven digital project experience and a strong understading of coding languages required for iOS, Android and Web Apps
- Hands-on experience across multiple content management systems, understand the wider digital communications ecosystem and be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- An understanding of popular EMS (Email Management Systems) and the process involved in the design and development of HTML emails
- Experience within a production house/ creative agency is not required but this would be an ideal role for someone with this experience.
- Work with web servers and liaising with hosting suppliers (we use a managed hosting service, so in-depth server management skills are not required)
- Experience buying and setting up domains as well as DNS management
- An eye for good design
- Knowledge of web builds, front and back end.
- A focus on service delivery and on process improvements.
- Proven track record of planning, documenting and delivery of projects.
- An understanding of digital production
- A high level of organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of emerging web standards, plus proven web experience and architecture knowledge
- Experience in managing large-scale projects and major client relationships.
- Motion graphics production
- Experience working with online security experts and penetration testing
- Experience with audiovisual technologies, like video editing, animation, etc.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Competitive plus a generous benefits package.
Please send a CV, along with a portfolio/work samples of recent work, to Miriam Myers, Senior Recruitment Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 March 2018.
This advert was posted on 5 February 2018.