Designer – Mid Weight
As part of our central Content & Brand team (which brings together our design, web development, online / interactive, and event management services), the designer will work with account teams across the business to deliver their client and marketing requirements.
Portland is looking for a talented Designer to work in our in-house content creation unit, Content & Brand. Portland’s Content & Brand team draws together writing, research, design, brand strategy, web development, data visualisation and video production, to produce powerful creative content. Our integrated team supports clients across Portland, producing content and collateral for public affairs, communications and stakeholder campaigns.
This role requires a creative, experienced designer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and the ideal candidate would have some agency experience.
The Designer will be responsible for designing materials ranging from social media collateral to full websites; building sites and responsive HTML emails; project managing larger web development work; and contributing the commercial and creative success of the business and our client campaigns.
The ideal candidate would also have grounding in design for print.
- Full project lifecycle – from brief, pitch to usability and build
- Work closely with other designers and developers to deliver digital output of the highest quality and to brief
- Provide creative input and feedback on the on-going projects
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, colour and grid structures
- High attention to detail
- Articulating and presenting creative ideas to teams and client
- Agency experience in designing websites, interfaces and/or digital campaigns
- Providing account teams with creative ideas, technical suggestions and indicative costs to support a campaign.
- Creating graphics for online and interactive use, for example sharable content for social media channels, artwork for video post-production, and similar
- Staying on track with emerging digital trends and culture
- Grounded communicator: you know how to set expectations with teammates, ask the right questions, explain what you’re capable of, and talk about your design decisions clearly and persuasively to non-designers.
- Versatile online portfolio of work.
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
You must have:
- A strong understanding of and proficiency with Adobe Design Suite
- Experience working with WordPress, or other Content Management Systems
- Previous working knowledge of user experience applications such as UXPIN/Sketch
- Knowledge of After effects or any other post production software
- Technical: experience working with web servers and liaising with hosting suppliers (we use a managed hosting service, so in-depth server management skills are not required)
- An interest in developing – broader technical skills such as PHP, AngularJS, Motion Design etc.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.