Account Manager (Digital/Social Media)
Health, public health and social care services are changing rapidly in response to the UK’s financial challenges and a population that is growing and getting older.
As structures, systems and priorities shift, we make sure our clients keep a sharp focus on meeting their business objectives and delivering what matters most to patients and their families.
We help them successfully navigate through this complex and fast-changing landscape, strengthening trust and protecting reputations.
With such a skilled team, we’re able to do some really exciting work, using old and new channels. From designing hard-hitting poster campaigns and building bespoke digital channels, to conducting behavioral research and creating expert-led policy projects, our integrated team helps deliver exceptional results for clients
We are looking for an experienced Digital Health Account Manager with an interest in running both PR and PA campaigns in our health team.
- This role is within Portland Health team. Portland Health is a small but fast growing team providing public relations and public affairs services to clients which help them successfully navigate through a complex and fast-changing landscape;
- You will be joining a team of consultants with unrivalled first-hand PR and PA experience at the highest level;
- You will have strong experience across the pharmaceutical and health sector.
- You will have a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and experience of working on product / brand communications programmes in an agency setting.
- Have a track record of delivering healthcare communications work;
- Account lead for smaller clients and specific projects;
- Helping develop action plans, assigning tasks to the team and otherwise implementing the client program;
- Working with our clients to develop comprehensive political, stakeholder and media engagement strategies;
- Developing close working relationships with client teams and managing regular contact with them, both face-to-face and through teleconferences and emails;
- Work closely with client and teams to provide social media expertise and develop initiatives in the digital space
- Identify new technologies and platforms and determine potential applications for clients;
- Help Portland lead a marketing push amongst existing clients and prospects to highlight Portland’s improved digital communications offering;
- Be proficient in the use of database and Internet tools; spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Managing the drafting of communications materials such as press releases, spokesperson and stakeholder briefing documents, reference packs and tracking/managing client approvals;
- Attending meetings with clients and preparing concise and timely reports as directed by Account Director;
- Proactively highlighting relevant policy, political, regulatory and media developments to clients;
- Providing advice and strategic counsel to clients;
- Regularly supporting new business activities, including contributing to proposals and pitches, and attending networking and industry events as a representative of Portland.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.