We help governments and leaders shape the future, strengthening their ability to reach and engage the audiences that matter.
Our work focuses on equipping governments with the skills to communicate in a fast-paced environment, enhancing their reach and impact, and helping them to excel with the latest thinking.
Our team combines experience at the highest levels of government with a passion for delivering real change. Through offices in London, Doha, Nairobi, New York, Washington DC, and Singapore we have supported governments across five continents.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Government Advisory team, based in London.
Our work is fast-paced and global in scope. We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who brings proven experience in the fields of international media and/or politics.
You should be a strong analytical thinker with proven experience of managing projects or teams. Ideally, you will have at least three to four years’ experience, gained within an agency or in government.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping to develop and lead international communications strategies, working with Portland’s international offices and clients;
- Managing teams, accounts and workstreams for major international projects to ensure the successful delivery of communications programmes;
- Drafting a range of materials, such as press releases, opinion articles, as well as social media and website content;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Supporting the development of new business proposals and pitches;
- Managing the work of more junior team members and supporting their development.
Skills & competencies
- Have extensive communications experience, ideally gained within an agency or in government;
- Have a clear interest and expertise in international affairs;
- Have proven management skills and be able to demonstrate personal experience leading projects and teams, ideally internationally;
- Have proven experience delivering large-scale communications programmes and integrated campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels;
- Have strong personal presentation skills both oral and written (the ability to draft high quality written content is essential);
- Be prepared to work flexibly, including travel overseas for periods of time;
- Be able to manage projects independently, with limited management direction, as required;
- Be logical, quick, and flexible in the appraisal and solving of problems;
- Additional languages are desirable, particularly German, French or Arabic.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.