Account Manager (French Speaking)
- Philanthropy is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients
- Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes
- Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning
- We are looking for established Account Managers to work from our London office, with a particular focus on a number of our prestigious clients in Africa.
- We are looking for someone with previous communications experience who is able to play a key role in managing accounts and projects, coordinating client relationships, to help devise and manage strategic communications campaigns, and to provide day-to-day media handling advice.
- This role will focus on accounts within our Philanthropy and Global Issues practise, though the successful applicant may have opportunities to work with other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- Manage relationships with key clients;
- Helping to devise, manage and implement proactive media engagement strategies;
- Dealing confidently with key contacts, providing day-to-day media advice, placing stories and mitigating negative coverage;
- Coordinating research drafting press releases, news stories and other written outputs;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Sourcing and preparing media analysis for clients;
- Managing the work of more junior team members to implement client programmes;
- Liaising with our office in Nairobi, the wider network and our partners in the African region;
- Overseeing the production of new research and insights on social media e.g. how Africa tweets http://www.portland-communications.com/publications/how-africa-tweets-2015/;
Managing relationships within key international and African media.
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and attending meetings;
- Overseeing contact reports and agendas for client meetings;
- Maintaining own strong network of media and policy contacts;
- Leading research for new business proposals and suggesting and developing new lines of potential business.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.