Account Manager Digital (Global Comms)
Philanthropy and Disputes is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients
Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes
Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning
We are looking for a Digital Account Manager within Portland’s Philanthropy and Disputes team to work from our London office.
The role involves managing digital work streams on a number of significant accounts. Working within an integrated communications team, you will develop digital and social media strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing high quality client servicing, managing junior staff and managing client expectations.
You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and work on pitches and proposals.
You will be expected to work with others across the company to deliver the best possible results for clients, providing an integrated service and making the best of all Portland’s capabilities.
- Working as part of the team to manage and deliver communications strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business objectives.
- Awareness of all major and emerging social channels — including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat, and LinkedIn — and how they serve different user needs.
- Provide creative and strategic services to clients, such as, change management, strategic planning, determining business objectives, data analysis, site content creation, implementation, testing, and online outreach.
- Write and produce client-facing proposals and memoranda, presentations, strategic plans, and other materials, both independently and in collaboration with other Portland employees and representatives.
- Write razor-sharp copy for email, web pages, social media, SMS and more.
- Inputting into new business pitches, proposals and presentations
- Keeping track of impending deadlines and ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner
- Contributing to solutions for new business clients and proactively introduce new ideas to improve the agency offering
- Ensuring all work is completed on time and within budget
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Leading in brainstorms and creating workable programmes for new business and existing clients commissioning market research
- Directing and mentoring junior account members; providing quality control and overseeing team assignments
- Establish professional relationships with colleagues and clients alike
- Develop community engagement strategy and oversee content publishing operations
Skills & Competencies:
Minimum 2 years of digital communications experience, search, analytics, paid social including strategy through hands-on campaign development, optimisation and performance analysis with established digital agency
- Excellent understanding of existing social media landscape including new and innovative tools, platforms, technologies
- Experience working with social media campaign management
- Strong attention to detail
- Open communicator, happy working in a flexible team format
- Used to operating in a fast-paced environment
- Social proficiency media – blogger liaison, outreach copy, content calendars and awareness/ practiced at working on multiple platforms
- Basic knowledge of HTML (coding expertise not necessary)
- Experience building and sending emails through major ESPs/CRM, particularly bulk email software like Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, etc.
- Familiarity with popular CMSs
- Ability to multi-task – managing both short and long term actions
- Track record of delivering quantifiable results
- Strategic thinker, metrics-oriented and an eye for creative development
- Social media listening tools: Sysomos, Brandwatch, Talkwalker
- Market research tools: Global Web Index, TGI, Warc, Quid
- Paid Distribution: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Community management: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.