Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
- We are looking for an Account Manager to work for a number of our prestigious international clients.
- We are looking for someone with previous communications experience who is able to play a key role in managing accounts and projects, coordinating client relationships, to help devise and manage strategic communications campaigns, and to provide day-to-day media handling advice.
- This role will focus on accounts within our International Affairs practice, though the successful applicant may have opportunities to work with other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- Manage relationships with key clients;
- Helping to devise, manage and implement proactive media engagement strategies;
- Dealing confidently with key contacts, providing day-to-day media advice, placing stories and mitigating negative coverage;
- Tracking issues in the media and politics, both internationally and locally;
- Coordinating research drafting press releases, news stories and other written outputs;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Sourcing and preparing media analysis for clients;
- Helping to organise events, press conferences, photo calls etc.;
- Managing the work of more junior team members to implement client programmes
- Familiarity and practical understanding of digital platforms.
Skills & Competencies:
- Established experience in a PR/communications agency or in-house organisation
- Good foundation in media relations skills, pitching news to national, broadcast and online outlets, as well as more planned for announcements or seasonal hooks
- An understanding of press office basics – photo call notices, caption writing, briefing documents
- Strong attention to detail
- Open communicator, happy working in a flexible team format
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Social media proficiency – complete understanding of media channels and their use
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task – managing both short and long term actions
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.