We work with brands, companies, foundations, multilateral bodies and campaigning organisations all over the world and across all media channels.
Through Portland’s offices in London, Doha, Nairobi, New York, Washington DC and Singapore, and partners around the world, our team of communications specialists help our clients to communicate their work, navigate complex issues and manage their reputations.
In Africa, our Nairobi office coordinates a network of hand-picked strategic communications agencies on the continent, providing us with deep market insights. We are the pioneers of leading research on Africa’s evolving communications landscapes, including the ground-breaking study How Africa Tweets.
The Account Executive may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks within the Philanthropy team:
- Researching and sourcing information for clients
- Tracking issues in the media, relevant to designated clients.
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers;
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books;
- Preparing activity reports for clients;
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc;
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts;
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients;
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases;
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients.
- The role will also include: digital research; social media analysis; content planning; online influencer mapping and creative input.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English;
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the media and international affairs is essential;
- Experience of global development, working with the United Nations, Public Affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media is an advantage
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.