Account Executive – Philanthropy
- Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, major foundations, NGOs, and philanthropists.
- We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile individuals and some of the most exciting organisations in global development.
- Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
- We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
The Account Executive may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks within the Philanthropy team:
- Researching and sourcing information for clients
- Tracking issues in the media, relevant to designated clients.
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers;
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books;
- Preparing activity reports for clients;
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc;
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts;
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients;
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases;
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients.
- The role will also include: digital research; social media analysis; content planning; online influencer mapping and creative input.
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing;
- Have experience of using social media platforms in a professional capacity;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload.
Qualifications and skills:
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English;
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the media and international affairs is essential;
- Experience of global development, working with the United Nations, Public Affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media is an advantage
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.