Account Executive – Health Brands
The health team devises and implements communications and public affairs programmes across a number of specialist areas typically including strategic consultancy and message development, political outreach and select committee training, corporate communications, media relations, media training, issues and crisis management, digital and social media, integrated campaigning, patient and professional engagement, market access / Health Technology Appraisal communications, patient education and disease awareness.
The health team has a growing list of UK and international clients from the health and wellbeing, pharmaceutical, social care and charity sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive with an interest in running communications global and local campaigns in our health team.
- This role is within Portland Health, part of the Portland Corporate Communications and Public Affairs team. Portland Health is a fast-growing team providing public relations and public affairs services to clients which help them successfully navigate through a complex and fast-changing landscape.
- You will be joining a team of consultants with unrivalled first-hand PR and PA experience at the highest level
- As an Account Executive, your proven experience to date may lean more towards PA or PR, however you will have knowledge of drafting pharmaceutical product and disease awareness material, providing reference packs and facilitating approvals, generating media coverage, supporting the running of public events, managing political and/or stakeholder relationships (Key Opinion Leaders and Patient Groups) for a diverse range of clients and therapeutic areas
Competences applicable to the post:
Providing a quality service
- Have a good feel for communications work, with experience of speaking to media and stakeholders and implementing communication strategies
- Be organised with the ability to manage your own workload;
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, clients and other stakeholders.
- Be logical, quick and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Have the ability to present findings for publication clearly and accurately to a range of audiences; and
- Be proficient in the use of database and Internet tools; spreadsheets, and word processing.
Team working and projects
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be able to manage projects independently, with limited management direction, as required; and
- Be able to support and aid the development junior team members and interns
- Be confident in engaging directly with the public.
Qualifications and skills
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:2). This is likely to be in a science, social sciences or arts degree, for example pharmacology, biology, politics, economics, English, history
- Preference may be given to candidates who have at least a 2:1 degree or relevant research experience. Previous experience of public affairs research, experience working at an agency/busy press office or a post graduate qualification in a relevant subject area would be an advantage.
- Candidates with demonstrable experience of campaigning will be at an advantage, whether gained in a political party or NGO environment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.