Our US operations is growing. With experience in government, NGOs, philanthropies, as well as digital and traditional media, out team provides strategic counsel and integrated communications expertise to high-level clients.
We work with clients to connect them the top influencers in Washington, DC, and the rest of the United States and help build capabilities within their organizations.
- We are looking for an Account Executive to work for prestigious clients across our US operation.
- We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a team to implement corporate communication strategies. The individual will require a good understanding of US media.
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients;
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies;
- Monitoring international media, social media, and broad political developments;
- Mapping and researching stakeholders and providing analysis for clients;
- Developing and maintaining media and stakeholder databases for clients;
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles, to memos and client reports, to social media and website content;
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media pitching;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Helping to organize and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programs;
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business;
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches.
Providing a quality service
- Have a good feel for communications work with an interest in the daily news agenda and some experience of media handling;
- Be organized with the ability to manage your own workload;
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, clients and other stakeholders.
- Have excellent writing skills.
- Be logical, quick and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Have the ability to present findings for clearly and accurately;
- Be proficient in the use of database and Internet tools; spreadsheets, word processing, social monitoring tools.
- Be comfortable operating in an international communications environment.
Team working and projects
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be able to manage projects independently, with limited management direction, as required.
Qualifications and skills:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, a research-oriented social science, or the arts e.g. politics, economics, history, geography.
- Have at least 18 months of experience gained within a communications or political environment.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about media, politics, and international affairs.
It will be advantageous for candidates to have:
- Experience of journalism, blogging, and social media.
- Foreign language skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.