Portland’s Doha office opened in 2014 and expanded quickly to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region. We have unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences. Throughout the region, and the world, Portland works with governments, brands, companies, foundations, and multilateral bodies to devise and implement communications strategies as well as help them build capabilities within their organizations.
We are looking for an Account Executive with proven experience of supporting a diverse range of clients. The right candidate will also have specialist knowledge of political issues within the Middle East and the role soft power can play in country positioning. You will be a ‘digital’ native and understand the role digital communications plays in the wider communications mix.
- Our clients value our strategic approach to securing them coverage that makes their case eloquently in the media, and to stakeholders and influencers.
- We are looking for someone to provide day-to-day support on a number of projects for one of our key accounts in the Middle East, supporting the creation of bespoke communications strategies, managing media relations and researching stakeholders.
- This role will focus on accounts within our International Affairs team with a focus on the Middle East. The successful applicant may be required to support other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- Acting as a project support officer to ensure project implementation both in-country and from our London office.
- Assisting in the project management and delivery of digital projects for key client accounts
- Training staff and building capacity in digital resources
- Drafting and selling in press releases and news stories to leading international media in Arabic, French and English markets;
- Managing reactive media relations activity;
- Supporting the creation of media and stakeholder engagement strategies;
- Responding quickly and accurately to journalist and client requests;
- Organising events, press conferences, photo calls etc;
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and attending meetings;
- Drafting contact reports and agendas for client meetings English.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.