Account Director – Philanthropy
- Philanthropy and Disputes is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients
- Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes
- Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning
- The role is to manage day to day activity on major accounts. You will lead on, among other things: developing international media and political engagement strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing advice on policy and media issues; overseeing the development of research briefs, and cultivating relationships with journalists and political contacts.
- You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals.
- Manage the day-to-day work of your account teams, reporting to Partners and Directors.
- Play a key business development role, helping the senior team drive the growth of the practice.
- Support the management and development of the unit and line manage more junior members of the team.
- The role is based in our London office with the opportunity for regular international travel
Skills and competencies
- This role requires an individual with a strong background in communications, who thrives on managing complex issues and projects. You will be commercially driven and ambitious to help us to develop a talented team in a fast-growing consultancy
- Industry experience is essential, ideally at a leading communications consultancy or in an in-house role
- Demonstrable expertise in managing and implementing insight-led communications campaigns
- Experience managing accounts and bringing teams together to achieve their objectives, with excellent people skills
- Strong business development expertise, with experience in writing proposals
- Excellent problem solving capabilities with a strong point of view on the industry. A strong mix of media, digital and political/policy capabilities is required
- Managing teams and clients, and developing a high performance culture, leading by example
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.