Portland’s Government Advisory practice combines expertise in strategic communications and policy engagement to help governments reach audiences both at home and abroad, and to build and improve their own capabilities
- This is an exciting leadership role within Portland’s rapidly-expanding Government Advisory practice, working for a range of international and UK-based government clients.
- The role involves directing large international accounts and/or major project work-streams for government clients. You will lead on, among other things:
- developing international media and political engagement strategies;
- organising and leading an international team to deliver in an efficient and effective way while ensuring the highest quality standards;
- ensuring projects are delivered in a commercially efficient way.
- You will also contribute to the day-to-day running of the Government Advisory team, including identifying staffing needs, project resourcing, and managing team members.
- You will be closely involved in business development, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals.
- Directing key accounts or work-streams within major international projects, including full oversight and management of strategic and tactical activity.
- Building contacts at a senior level with clients and providing strategic counsel and advice.
- Leading a team to deliver for clients across accounts, driving a culture of creativity, excellence and ambition for clients.
- Working flexibly as part of an international team and able to travel and operate overseas for a period of time as required.
- Drafting high quality written content across presentations, speeches, op-eds, messaging and other products as directed.
- Supporting the development of digital fluency throughout the team based on demonstrable expertise and experience.
- Conducting personal presentations to clients and briefings to media in a highly professional manner.
- Playing a key role supporting Government Advisory business development activity.
- Playing a key role in the Senior Management team of the unit.
- Line management of members of the team.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.