Account Director (Corporate Comms)
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
- Are you passionate about the business world, and the ways that corporate reputation can drive or hinder commercial success?
- Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways?
- Are you a seasoned and confident client handler with experience of advising at senior levels?
- Are you constantly seeking new and innovative ways to deliver impactful communications strategies to reach the audiences that matter?
- Do you relish the opportunity to develop and lead new business strategies, proposals and pitch teams?
- Are you experienced in managing people and teams, and coaching them to achieve their potential?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking an Account Director to join the management group for our 60 strong UK-focused corporate communications team.
You will be an expert in your field with the ability to develop and deliver impactful communications strategies and campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic direction.
Through your line management responsibilities and on-the-job training, you will develop the skills and expertise of more junior colleagues, and help to cultivate a culture of continuous learning through your interest in new techniques and best practice observed across the industry.
You will have at least six years’ experience, gained in an agency environment or through leading a busy in-house team. You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven.
- Developing creative communications strategies and campaigns for diverse clients and issues, and ensuring their successful delivery.
- Securing the confidence of clients and colleagues as a senior communications advisor on a wide range of corporate communications issues and disciplines.
- Participating in, and leading, new business development, including originating leads and managing pitch meetings, presentations and proposals.
- Contributing strategy and solutions to new business efforts and proactively introducing new ideas to improve our offering.
- Proactively building internal and external networks with colleagues, opinion leaders, journalists, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
- Ensuring the financial management of clients and projects, including oversight of invoicing and servicing levels.
- Contributing to the wider management of the corporate team, including activities such as training, recruitment and marketing.
- Line managing and mentoring junior team members, including responsibility for their evaluation and professional development.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment, managing your own work and that of others.
- Experience in a senior management role, and a track record in industry leading campaigns and winning pitches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence clients and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude.
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients and colleagues.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.