Portland’s Singapore office opened in January 2017 and we are quickly expanding to meet the needs of our clients here and throughout the region.
- Our team devises and implements communication and public affairs strategies across a number of organisation types, including governments, major global brands, NGOs and high profile individuals.
- We also have a Government Advisory practice that provides strategic counsel to, and delivers global campaigns for, a number of public sector organisations in countries spanning nearly every continent on the globe.
- We think our people are the best in the business. They protect and strengthen the hard won reputations of all of our clients, working with them from the boardroom to the shop floor to communicate and engage effectively with key stakeholders and influencers.
- Everyone who works here is ambitious, not just for themselves, but for their clients.
- They are driven by a desire to deliver results that exceed expectations and to continuously seek new insights, experience and expertise.
- We believe it is the caliber of our people and the quality of their work that has fueled our growth.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our Singapore office. As the Account Director you will be integral to Portland’s long term planning working for prestigious clients across the public, private, and philanthropic sectors. You will an expert in your field with the ability in getting to the bottom of an issue and run with campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic consultation.
We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a small, but growing team based in Singapore to help develop and implement communication strategies.
The individual will require a good understanding of Singaporean and regional politics and the media.
The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Giving broad-ranging creative and strategic advice to clients and teams on issues relating to specific client programmes and wider PR and marketing issues
- Actively participating in new business development including pitch meetings, presentations and proposals and identifying prospects and representing the agency in new business meetings
- Contribute strategy and solutions to new business efforts and proactively introduce new ideas to improve our offering.
- Leading an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity
- Proactively building relationships with key opinion leaders, media, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Establishing professional relationships with colleagues in other offices
- Leading in brainstorms and create workable programmes for new business and existing clients commissioning market research
- Lead on the development of new business pitches including pitch responses with the input of the senior team
- Keeping track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all client work is completed on time and within budget
- Ensure accurate invoicing for all clients
- Leading in the management, analysis and evaluation of client campaigns
- Creating and developing a functional team and account structure and helping to identify and recruit strong candidates in London as the business grows
- Directing and mentor junior account members; providing quality control and overseeing team assignments
Qualifications and skills:
- You must have a university degree, with a minimum GPA 3.5 (for Singaporean or American institutions) or a UK degree classification of 2:1. This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science, communications, or marketing.
- Foreign language skills are desirable, especially in Arabic, French, Hindi, Mandarin, and Southeast Asian languages, and Tamil.
- You must have the right to work in Singapore, being a citizen or permanent resident.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.