Portland’s Research & Insights unit focuses on designing innovative research programmes and on uncovering insights that lead to better strategy and actionable ideas for our clients. We identify the right audience, the right channels and the right message to realise each client’s version of success. We work closely with our consultants across the globe to identify the insights that can inform compelling campaigns and communications strategies. The unit is growing fast and now wishes to add strategic planning expertise to its range of capabilities.
We are seeking an established Strategic Planner who can help us synthesize research into insights that allow our consultants to craft effective strategies. We want a planner who can facilitate creative ideation across the agency and train our teams to think differently. You will have an integrated perspective of the modern communication landscape and they will enjoy solving communication problems; understanding the motivations that persuade people, understanding the opportunities from a client perspective; and understanding the priorities in each and every situation.
- Taking the results of primary and secondary research and, working alongside our experienced consultants, developing insights that will help us create compelling strategies and tactics.
- Develop tools, techniques and processes to help our teams develop strategies for new business proposals and key client accounts.
- Present strategic communications recommendations for a range of clients.
- Multi-tasking over a number of projects ensuring quality is never compromised.
- Examining clients’ businesses to get to know their brands and understand their objectives
- Development of cross channels communication strategy proposals
- Generating original ideas with other members of the team
- Identifying potential problems and devising ways to rectify them
- Leading/managing audience research, insights analysis and data reporting projects
- Liaising with senior members of staff to receive feedback and create improvements to strategies
- Working alongside our account teams utilizing their creative thinking approach to client issues
- Involvement in new business and organic client growth from writing proposal insight/ strategy/ creative; presentation design and coaching teams on delivery and pitch theatre.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.