Health, public health and social care services are changing rapidly in response to the UK’s financial challenges and a population that is growing and getting older.
As structures, systems and priorities shift, we make sure our clients keep a sharp focus on meeting their business objectives and delivering what matters most to patients and their families.
We help them successfully navigate through this complex and fast-changing landscape, strengthening trust and protecting reputations.
With such a skilled team, we’re able to do some really exciting work, using old and new channels. From designing hard-hitting poster campaigns and building bespoke digital channels, to conducting behavioral research and creating expert-led policy projects, our integrated team helps deliver exceptional results for clients
The intern may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks within the health team
- Tracking issues in the media relevant to designated clients
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by Account Executives and Account Managers for designated client projects
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books
- Preparing activity reports for clients
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts
- Preparing journalist and MP biographies and briefing notes for clients
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing
- Have experience of using social media platforms in a professional capacity
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload
Qualifications and skills:
- You must have a degree, with a minimum classification of 2:1
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for understanding health issues is essential
- Experience of the media, Westminster, public affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.