Arabic Account Manager – Global Communications Campaigns
- This role is to act as an Arabic Account Manager consultant within Portland’s Philanthropy, Global Issues and Disputes practice (PGI&D)
- At Portland, we work with brands, companies, foundations, multilateral bodies and campaigning organisations all over the world and across all media channels.
- Through Portland’s offices in London, Doha, Nairobi, New York, Washington DC and Singapore, and partners around the world, our team of communications specialists help our clients to communicate their work, navigate complex issues and manage their reputations.
- With our disputes work, we understand the complexities and legal imperatives around our clients’ issues. Our expert team in litigation communications, led by a former barrister and made up of experienced consultants who have worked on the front line across Westminster, Capitol Hill, Fleet Street and industry, specialise in defining clear and engaging communications strategies that support your legal strategy.
- We are looking for an Arabic Account Managers to work from our London office, with a particular focus on a number of our prestigious clients in middle-east.
- We are looking for someone with previous communications experience who is able to play a key role in managing accounts and projects, coordinating client relationships, to help devise and manage strategic communications campaigns, and to provide day-to-day media handling advice.
- This role will focus on accounts within our Philanthropy and Global Issues practise, though the successful applicant may have opportunities to work with other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines.
- Manage relationships with key clients;
- Helping to devise, manage and implement proactive media engagement strategies;
- Dealing confidently with key contacts, providing day-to-day media advice, placing stories and mitigating negative coverage;
- Coordinating research drafting press releases, news stories and other written outputs;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Sourcing and preparing media analysis for clients;
- Managing the work of more junior team members to implement client programmes;
- Managing relationships within key international and Arabic media.
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and attending meetings;
- Overseeing contact reports and agendas for client meetings;
- Maintaining own strong network of media and policy contacts;
- Leading research for new business proposals and suggesting and developing new lines of potential business.
- Have Arabic as a mother tongue, and be fluent in English
- Be able to conceive, write, edit and review Arabic copy with the highest degree of accuracy and often to tight deadlines
- Be able to be creative, innovative and prioritise competing requirements
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and manage work schedules appropriately
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others
- Provide strategy/crisis communications support to a range of clients
- Have a master’s degree
- Have strong media relations experience;
- Have a proven experience in a communications role within an agency or consultancy.
- Experience working on a global campaign;
- Bilingualism English and French
- Willingness to travel overseas.
Salary: Competitive plus a generous benefits package.
Please send a CV, along with a portfolio/work samples of recent work, to Miriam Myers, Senior Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 March 2017.
This ad was posted on 13th February 2017
Please note that due to the high volume of quality applications that we receive we may not be able to respond individually to each candidate.