With a team of former senior advisors from the highest level of British government and politics, the EU, the UN and the World Economic Forum, Portland has unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences.
We work with our clients to help them devise and implement communications strategies as well as building capabilities within their organizations.
- We are seeking an Account Manager to work in our Government Advisory team
- The right candidate will also have specialist knowledge of political issues within the Middle East and the role soft power can play in country positioning. You will be a ‘digital’ native and understand the role digital communications plays in the wider communications mix.
- You will also contribute to business development, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals.
- Acting as a project support officer to ensure project implementation both in-country and from our London office.
- Assisting in the project management and delivery of digital projects for key client accounts
- Training staff and building capacity in digital resources
- Drafting and selling in press releases and news stories to leading international media in Arabic, French and English markets;
- Managing reactive media relations activity;
- Supporting the creation of media and stakeholder engagement strategies;
- Responding quickly and accurately to journalist and client requests;
- Organising events, press conferences, photo calls etc;
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and attending meetings;
- Drafting contact reports and agendas for client meetings English.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.