Account Manager (Media Specialist)
We work with brands, companies, foundations, multilateral bodies and campaigning organisations all over the world and across all media channels.
Through Portland’s offices in London, Doha, Nairobi, New York, Washington DC and Singapore, and partners around the world, our team of communications specialists help our clients to communicate their work, navigate complex issues and manage their reputations.
We also know that legal disputes make headlines and impact on reputation, which has taken years to build and our team offers clients reliable support throughout the litigation process.
- We are looking for a Account Manager to work for prestigious clients across both public affairs and corporate communications.
- We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a team to implement corporate communication strategies.
- The individual will have a strong corporate media experience
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well developed point of view to our diverse communications team
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key clients;
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies;
- Monitoring political debates and major news announcements;
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles to political briefings and stakeholder letters;
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media sell-ins;
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests;
- Helping to organise and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programmes;
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business;
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.