Portland’s Research & Insights unit focuses on designing innovative research programmes and on uncovering insights that lead to better strategy and actionable ideas for our clients. We identify the right audience, the right channels and the right message to realise each client’s version of success. We work closely with our consultants across the globe to identify the insights that can inform compelling campaigns and communications strategies.
As an Account Manager you will be the driving force behind a wide range of projects from inception through to delivery. The account manager will be responsible for timely and cost effective delivery of research projects, finding pragmatic solutions to deliver optimal results. They will be able to synthesize data from varied sources to give strategic and insightful guidance that addresses our client’s objectives.
- Working as part of a team to identify and execute research projects that can support in realizing client’s objectives
- Overseeing the account management of projects; servicing client accounts with day to day needs and ad hoc requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaising with the client and acting as key point of contact in support of senior consultants
- Creating interesting and innovative research materials including screeners, discussions guides and surveys / polls that optimally address client objectives
- Conducting thorough data analysis and interpretation with a passion and drive to uncover the insights that can unlock campaign ideas
- Producing high quality, strategic reports that address key objectives and guide communications activities
- Presenting research findings in a clear, confident and inspiring manner
- Managing the junior team and acting as a coach to develop their skills as well as ad-hoc supplier relationships where necessary
- Contributing to new business pitches, proposals and presentations as needed
- Building relationships with colleagues and clients to build a strong agency peer network and embed the benefits of research across the business
- Supporting in the development of new research offerings and helping to introduce them to the company
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.