Account Director (Legal Disputes)
At Portland, we know that legal disputes make headlines and impact on reputation, which has taken years to build. Portland offers clients reliable support throughout the litigation process.
We understand the complexities and legal imperatives around our clients’ issues. Our expert team in litigation communications, led by a former barrister and made up of experienced consultants who have worked on the front line across Westminster, Capitol Hill, Fleet Street and industry, specialise in defining clear and engaging communications strategies that support your legal strategy.
- We are seeking an Account Director to work as part of our International practice as part of the legal disputes team.
- The role is to direct major accounts, providing close management of a number of accounts and projects. You will lead on, among other things: developing international media and political engagement strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing advice on policy and media issues; overseeing the development of research briefs, and cultivating relationships with journalists and relevant contacts.
- You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals.
- Directing key accounts, including full oversight and management of all strategic and tactical activity
- Acting as the day-to-day contact for clients, liaising at a senior level
- Highly developed client management skills to counsel international clients on media relations issues
- Pitching and selling in stories
- Regular liaison with journalists
- Rapid rebuttal
- Executing detailed written assignments, including drafting new business proposals and presentations, and preparing speeches, articles and other materials for clients
- Drafting advice memos for clients on strategic and tactical activity
- Overseeing detailed media and policy research and analysis to inform advice to clients
- Tracking complex international policy issues and events for designated clients
- Managing political and media engagement programmes
- Overseeing the organisation of events
- Playing a key role supporting legal disputes team in new business strategy
- Leading new business pitches
- Building relationships with target clients
- Playing a key role in managing the P&GI team and achieving unit objectives
- Line Managing members of the team
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.